The Vassall Centre Trust
- is led by disabled people.
- promotes and champions the employment of disabled people throughout the UK.
- runs a fully accessible conference centre: The Vassall Conference Centre
- provides affordable barrier free accommodation for organisations led by, employing and serving disabled people.
- offers a template for designing and creating barrier-free environments.
- promotes and champions inclusive and empowering workplaces for disabled people.
- is a UK Online specialist disability centre and provides free internet facilities and an internet based workclub for disabled people and carers. See www.toworkBristol.org
The Vassall Centre: Good News for the Future
After nine months of consultation and exploring various options, the Board of the Vassall Centre Trust has decided that it is time for the Vassall Centre to change ownership. A buyer has been found who has guaranteed that the current tenants will be able to stay at the Centre for at least 5 years. This means the Vassall Centre will not be closing down and none of the services or charities that currently operate from the Centre are under threat of closure.
New Service: Advice on Disability and Work
Following a merger with the Association of Disabled Professionals, the VCT is now able to provide advice on work-related issues to disabled people, employers and professionals in the field of disability and work. The service is currently funded by the Shaw Foundataion as a one-year pilot project. For information about this developing service please click here.
Accessibility and Usability
Registered Charity No. 1072591
We are currently updating this site to make it more accessible and aspire to reach the AAA standard of accessibility set by the internationally recognised body W3C.
about accessibility and how easy this website is to use and also suggestions about this website and our work.
Awards and Affiliations